Vancouver, BC Veterinary Careers
Browse our open positions below!
Lifting Stars Pet Homecare is seeking a compassionate companion animal veterinarian in Greater Vancouver.
Lifting Stars Pet Homecare is an established and growing mobile veterinary practice in the up-and-coming field of at-home palliative care and euthanasia. We help companion animal owners say goodbye to their loved ones in the peace and comfort of their own homes. Our daily appointment number is low compared to general practice. The emotional challenge is significant, but the professional reward is tremendous for the veterinarian that values the human-animal bond and understands the importance of compassionate end-of-life care. This position allows flexibility in scheduling from one to several days per week and will allow you to enjoy the work-life balance that comes from fitting appointments around your schedule. Our practice operates exclusively in beautiful Greater Vancouver.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You are a compassionate, caring individual with exceptional communication skills
- You understand and appreciate the significance of the human-animal bond
- You are emotionally attuned to the rewarding work of supporting pet owners through the difficult end-of-life process
- You appreciate that saying goodbye to one’s companion is one of the most difficult yet important days of pet ownership
- You care deeply about clients, and you want to use your professional expertise to help guide them in making the best end-of-life decisions for them and their pet
- You are comfortable with work-related travel, working independently and remotely
- You are physically able to walk on uneven surfaces and lift weights of up to forty pounds
- You are a competent veterinarian with experience in end-of-life decision making
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Degree
- Professionally licensed with the College of Veterinarians of British Columbia
- Have a valid driver’s license (Class 5)
- Have your own car that is in good working order, clean, and able to be used for work purposes
- Have a personal cell phone that can be used for work purposes
- Live in or near Vancouver, BC
What We Offer
- Flexible scheduling to suit your lifestyle needs
- Fewer daily appointments than brick-and-mortar hospitals
- Working shifts from one to several days per week
- All veterinary materials and administrative duties provided
- Bonuses for out-of-hours work, weekends, or longer drives
- Professional training and ongoing evaluations
- Continuing Education Allowances
- Meaningful, rewarding work
- Competitive compensation
This will be an independent contractor position to start. There is a strong possibility of moving to a part- to full-time employment contract after a probationary period, depending on your needs. We are looking to develop a long-term relationship. Please send an email with a cover letter and resume.