Covering a range of topics
We know it can sometimes be tough to research a new topic, so the staff at Lifting Stars Pet Homecare have gathered useful pet information for you.
Quality of Life
- There is never a good day to say goodbye, even when we know it is the right thing to do. Ohio State University has prepared an article to help guide pet owners in making this difficult decision.
- Free education and resources to help you understand your pet’s quality of life:
- HelpGuide: Coping with losing a pet
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: Many Paths on Journey of Grieving for Pet,
- International Association of Animal Hospice and Palliative Care,
- Veterinary Partner: Euthanasia of Companion Animals
- Colorado State University Argus Institute: Honoring the human-animal bond by providing compassionate support and advocacy for people who care for animals,
- Ohio State University: Helping Children Cope with the Serious Illness or Death of a Companion Animal,
- A gentle and compassionate website for pet lovers who are grieving over the death of a pet or an ill pet,
- Ten tips on coping with pet loss,
- Rambling Hound Photography offers professional pet photography services in the greater Vancouver area. Please reach out to Heather to inquire about her “Tribute” sessions – which create an invaluable keepsake of the years spent with your companion.
- Order pet loss books online and get the help you need delivered to your front door,
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is one of the most commonly diagnosed diseases in older cats. These ISFM guidelines have been developed to provide practical advice on the diagnosis and management of this complex disease
- The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center is your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888) 426-4435. A consultation fee may apply.